• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Noopept - long-term experience (more than a simple nootropic)

long-term noopept euphoria social nootropic

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#181 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

I find it funny reading all the experiences on this board for all the various supplements, it's all over the map. It's like, for the past 2 months I've had lower back pain, which coincides with when I began taking noopept, so it would be easy to draw a tenuous conclusion that the noopept is somehow causing it. Similarly, the other day I had to reboot my computer but had a movie open and paused midway through. I looked at the time and rebooted, meaning to reopen the movie to the same time when the computer booted up. I forgot to open the movie and the next day remembered about it and realized that my brain actually contained the exact time, to the second, at where I had been paused. Again, easy to draw a tenuous conclusion that the noopept was the cause of this. These things are so subtle often that one can't really be sure of what or what not a thing might be doing. I see people blaming as many things on these supplements as these supplements claim to cure or help with. I wouldn't even get too hung up on the subjective effects therefore, what you feel one day may be entirely different from what you feel in a week. If you feel something for two weeks straight, a negative, or a positive, then it's probably real, but if you feel like crap one day, or feel incredible one day, probably best not to ascribe it to the supplement right away. I take noopept right now mostly because I have the noopept, like the famous mountain climber, when asked why he climbs mountains, he responds "because it's there'. I bought the noopept, they sent me two packages instead of one, so I have 10 grams and as it's not doing me any bad effects and it may be doing good.. and er.. I've grown to love the flavour, I take it. There are also many studies which seem to describe a positive brain health effect, which may not even be felt subjectively, like taking a vitamin, or antioxidants. These are reasons enough for me. I'm not sure if I will make another order in the future however, it's so hard to discern what or if I'm getting out of this. Also if this supplement claims to be able to 'fix' a damaged brain, at what point is the damage fixed and at what point do you say 'if it ain't broken, don't continue trying to fix it'? I used to feel miserable, irritable, since taking noopept I've felt more calm and peaceful. However, when I take a couple days off I still feel calm and serene and peaceful. Anyways I'm rambling, blame the abovestated 800mg/day caffeine habit for that. While rambling I find it interesting to note the other 'supplements' people ingest, because they are culturally fortified. I'm sure there are many on this board who drink alcohol for instance. Yet, if alcohol weren't a historical/cultural thing, if alcohol were instead the effects of alcohol wrapped in a pill, invented in a russian laboratory in the past 10 years and cooked up in a chinese basement, how many people would buy that pill? Anyone? Something which is a proven carcinogen, which rips apart brain tissue, which dumbs you down and leaves you feel hungover, something in essence which is almost entirely bad for you with the only positive being 'it makes you feel kind of silly'. I would not be taking any pill with that safety/benefit profile. So, be fair on these relatively benign things like noopept, which may not be culturally fortified in our psyche, but are probably a whole lot better for us than the things which seem 'normal'.

I've found having a personal journal extremely helpful now in this day and age. Due to the speed at which information moves, people can barely remember what they got up to, experienced or learned last month.

Since i've noticed my irratic response to Noopept, I've been doing it for a few weeks, and have found it immensely helpful to find some kind of mental peace too. I highly recommend an iphone/ipad app called "day one", its got a really neat interface that encourages you to use it on a daily basis.

#182 krsna

• 78 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

I find it funny reading all the experiences on this board for all the various supplements, it's all over the map. It's like, for the past 2 months I've had lower back pain, which coincides with when I began taking noopept, so it would be easy to draw a tenuous conclusion that the noopept is somehow causing it. Similarly, the other day I had to reboot my computer but had a movie open and paused midway through. I looked at the time and rebooted, meaning to reopen the movie to the same time when the computer booted up. I forgot to open the movie and the next day remembered about it and realized that my brain actually contained the exact time, to the second, at where I had been paused. Again, easy to draw a tenuous conclusion that the noopept was the cause of this. These things are so subtle often that one can't really be sure of what or what not a thing might be doing. I see people blaming as many things on these supplements as these supplements claim to cure or help with. I wouldn't even get too hung up on the subjective effects therefore, what you feel one day may be entirely different from what you feel in a week. If you feel something for two weeks straight, a negative, or a positive, then it's probably real, but if you feel like crap one day, or feel incredible one day, probably best not to ascribe it to the supplement right away. I take noopept right now mostly because I have the noopept, like the famous mountain climber, when asked why he climbs mountains, he responds "because it's there'. I bought the noopept, they sent me two packages instead of one, so I have 10 grams and as it's not doing me any bad effects and it may be doing good.. and er.. I've grown to love the flavour, I take it. There are also many studies which seem to describe a positive brain health effect, which may not even be felt subjectively, like taking a vitamin, or antioxidants. These are reasons enough for me. I'm not sure if I will make another order in the future however, it's so hard to discern what or if I'm getting out of this. Also if this supplement claims to be able to 'fix' a damaged brain, at what point is the damage fixed and at what point do you say 'if it ain't broken, don't continue trying to fix it'? I used to feel miserable, irritable, since taking noopept I've felt more calm and peaceful. However, when I take a couple days off I still feel calm and serene and peaceful. Anyways I'm rambling, blame the abovestated 800mg/day caffeine habit for that. While rambling I find it interesting to note the other 'supplements' people ingest, because they are culturally fortified. I'm sure there are many on this board who drink alcohol for instance. Yet, if alcohol weren't a historical/cultural thing, if alcohol were instead the effects of alcohol wrapped in a pill, invented in a russian laboratory in the past 10 years and cooked up in a chinese basement, how many people would buy that pill? Anyone? Something which is a proven carcinogen, which rips apart brain tissue, which dumbs you down and leaves you feel hungover, something in essence which is almost entirely bad for you with the only positive being 'it makes you feel kind of silly'. I would not be taking any pill with that safety/benefit profile. So, be fair on these relatively benign things like noopept, which may not be culturally fortified in our psyche, but are probably a whole lot better for us than the things which seem 'normal'.

I've found having a personal journal extremely helpful now in this day and age. Due to the speed at which information moves, people can barely remember what they got up to, experienced or learned last month.

Since i've noticed my irratic response to Noopept, I've been doing it for a few weeks, and have found it immensely helpful to find some kind of mental peace too. I highly recommend an iphone/ipad app called "day one", its got a really neat interface that encourages you to use it on a daily basis.

That app would be nice.. if I could type worth a damn on my phone, I think I'd drive myself crazy dealing with autocorrect and large fingers

Edited by bowleaf, 20 March 2013 - 01:55 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#183 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

I use an ipad, and it syncs between my iphone and ipad. Its succint, minimal and beautiful too ( the interface), it also allows a kind of calender view of your entries, as well as encouraging you to use photos to document what you get up to.

#184 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

I use an ipad, and it syncs between my iphone and ipad. Its succint, minimal and beautiful too ( the interface), it also allows a kind of calender view of your entries, as well as encouraging you to use photos to document what you get up to.

Okay. I am trying to understand what, if anything, this has to do with consuming noopept. Typically people have a stack of capsules they take daily, and noopept is going to be one of them. Because it may also be taken during the day, I also keep it with me in a bottle. I don't see how any software will affect my consumption once I have the capsules all ready to go.

#185 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

I think he was just offering advice on how to keep a journal in an easier way. I too write my daily consume of noots and supplemets down, including how much I smoke and how much coffee I consume, and when I do or don't notice effects. If you take various things at once, it helpss to sort out which causes which effect. Helped me realize choline bitatrate is doing more harm than good fro me right now for example.

Sorry if being overly obvious ^ _ ^

#186 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

I think he was just offering advice on how to keep a journal in an easier way. I too write my daily consume of noots and supplemets down, including how much I smoke and how much coffee I consume, and when I do or don't notice effects. If you take various things at once, it helpss to sort out which causes which effect. Helped me realize choline bitatrate is doing more harm than good fro me right now for example.

In this case, a relational database would help a lot more than textual notes in a journal. Even then, finding which supplement causes which observed effect is going to be challenging.

Edited by Climactic, 20 March 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#187 SnowFlake

• 28 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Been taking Noopept now for a month. I started in the 40mg/day range, but have slowly worked my way up to 100mg/day. I still can feel the calming effects, but it really does not offer me anything sensational anymore. After a week on a 40mg/day dose I started to lose the "limitless feeling" so I took a week off from it. Didn't really recover the effects. Speech motorics seem to have improved a lot thou. Especially when talking in a foreign language, the words seem to flow out much more smoothly than before. No pauses or "umm"s.

Should I order some Nefi to take on the side? What do you people think? Kinda sad that the tolerance grew up so fast. It was amazing in the beginning, but I don't feel like that this is something very sustainable. It also could be that I'm expecting too much from it now, since I got such an amazing response from it in the beginning.

EDIT: Weird thing that I've noticed thou. Whenever I take it, it seems to kill any sleep deprivation. I can cope with much less sleep when I'm on it but weirdly I haven't been able to recall any dreams while on noopept. (I usually can remember my dreams really vividly.)

Edited by SnowFlake, 21 March 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#188 spo_pl

• 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

dont do breaks if its not working after dose or two..thats the thing..to do it regulary
and with dose 100mg a day i guess you expecting kick like after drugs..its working but its not a fairy story..for limitless feeling start do cocaine dude o_O

#189 krsna

• 78 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Yeh I agree, that sparkly crisp vision drug type feeling does wear down a lot over time, it's easy to miss that and think you're not getting much benefit.

#190 SnowFlake

• 28 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

This week I've been taking 70mg in the morning, followed by 40mg around 2-3 pm. (110mg in total). Works better than a single 100mg dose imo. I take the weekends off from noopept. I'm waiting on 25G of Nefiracetam from an well known ebay vendor. Will see how these two go together soon.

Edited by SnowFlake, 03 April 2013 - 10:01 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#191 spo_pl

• 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

be careful with it as u like high doses
read this two threads

www.longecity.org/forum/topic/3648-nefiracetam/

www.longecity.org/forum/topic/54506-nefiracetam-another-reason-to-avoid-prolonged-usage/
  • like x 1

#192 Drymarro

• 27 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

I just started Noopept a few days ago and stacked with GPC choline and I've been getting awfully drowsy, and no positive effects really.
Do I have to wait longer?

I take like 20-30 mg of noopept and 250 mg alpha gpc.

#193 dogshitwebsite

• 57 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

Should I be worried about my head and neck heating up after Noopept?
I also got tired earlier than usually but already on day 2 less so. Also, is there anything i could take to stop the burps?

#194 SnowFlake

• 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

be careful with it as u like high doses
read this two threads

www.longecity.org/forum/topic/3648-nefiracetam/

www.longecity.org/forum/topic/54506-nefiracetam-another-reason-to-avoid-prolonged-usage/

I appreciate your input. Better safe than sorry.

Yep, I'm well aware of the effects on GABA down regulation. I'm probably going to start taking nefi first 5 times a week and take the weekends off. I will quit immediately if I start to feel any side effects during the days off (weekends).
My other plan was to take it for two weeks straight, then quit and see if any side effects/withdrawal will up rise.

And as always. I will start low :)

Edited by SnowFlake, 04 April 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#195 spo_pl

• 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

I just started Noopept a few days ago and stacked with GPC choline and I've been getting awfully drowsy, and no positive effects really.
Do I have to wait longer?

I take like 20-30 mg of noopept and 250 mg alpha gpc.

i was getting very drowsy at the beginning too.. it was like that for about first 5-7 days and after that this side effect was gone.
What i also have noticed since im doing noopept is that I'm drinking much more coffee during the day.
Try to wait bit longer, but if drowsiness is too strong maybe try to lower your dosage?

#196 OVNI

• 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

Hi, after reading your review I would like to try it. Where do you buy it?Do you recommend any particular place?website?I live in Montreal, Canada...Thanks in advance!
  • dislike x 1

#197 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

Check my Racetam Prices list for the cheapest, safest Noopept suppliers.

I keep it updated regularly.

#198 Drymarro

• 27 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

or you could just get 5g of Noopept on Ebay for $13 from a reputable seller

#199 zeropoint

• 92 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

So far there seems to be a consistant subtle unique anxiolytic effect reported,as per this study:

The original novel nootropic and neuroprotective agent noopept].
[Article in Russian]
Ostrovskaia RU, Gudasheva TA, Voronina TA, Seredenin SB.

Source

Laboratory of Psychopharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Baltiiskaya ul. 8, Moscow, 125315 Russia.

Abstract

The paper describes pharmacological properties of the new nootropic drug noopept created using an original approach based on the imitation of a nonpeptide nootrope structure by means of the short-peptide design. In particular, the structure of pyracetam was designed using dipeptide nootropes. Experimental investigations of noopept (N-phenylacetyl-L-polyglycine ethyl ester) showed that the new drug exceeds pyracetam both with respect to the effective dose level (1000 times lower for noopept than for pyracetam) and in the spectrum of mnemotropic activity. In contrast to pyracetam facilitating only the early stages of the memory process, noopept positively influences the memory consolidation and retrieval steps as well. The new drug produces an additional selective anxiolytic action. The pronounced neuroprotective effect of noopept was demonstrated both in vivo (in cases of various forms of brain ischemia) and in vitro (on various neuronal models). The drug action is based on the antioxidant effect, the antiinflammatory action, and the ability to inhibit the neurotoxicity of excess calcium and glutamate, and to improve the blood rheology. It was established for the first time that the activity of noopept is retained both upon parenteral introduction and upon peroral administration, which is a principal advantage of this proline-containing dipeptide over other, more complex peptides. This property provided a basis for the development of a medicinal form of noopept for peroral usage. At present, noopept tablets (noopept 5 and 10 mg) are under clinical assessment as a means of treating cognitive deficiency of cerebrovascular and post-traumatic origin.

I underlined it.

#200 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Today I took my first dose of noopept + aniracetam together both in lower dosages than I would take seperately and I have to say that they almost cancel their negative effects out for each other.

Noopept would give me some drive but lack a bit of clarity or short term memory and aniracetam alone gives great clarity but make me almost lethargic.
But combined I have the best of the two: I could tell you every little step I did this morning and Im still motivated and focused.

So if theres no argumets against it Id say its a good combination, half your dosages of each just to be safe.

#201 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Observations from my brief (few weeks) time on noopept:
1) I experienced terrible disruption of my sleep - spent two weeks feeling 'jet lagged' from lack of refreshing sleep.
2) I noticed two types of memory problems. a) the problem of forgetting what I was doing (e.g., take some tea from the cupboard, walk into the next room put down the tea to open the window, go back to the kitchen, wonder why the teapot is on the bench, remember I was making tea, wonder where I put the tea etc). b) being unable to retrieve the full details of some snippet of knowledge, like a tip of tongue phenomenon, e.g., trying to remember how milk interacts with certain polyphenols to reduce their effectiveness - but forgetting where I read about this interaction or what the specific details were.
3) Initially I experimented with "high" doses of up to 40 mg, then gave up on trying to get an acute, "change of state of mind" effect, and started taking just 10 mg each morning with breakfast.
4) I noticed what I believed were some positive effects. Possibly some increased motivation/ drive, possibly some greater social intelligence. But these positive effects were kind of mild - not enough to make the sleep deprivation worth enduring.
5) A week or so after stopping noopept, am still noticing memory issues. Have bumped up my citicoline, gpc doses and am hoping I haven't done permanent harm to myself. :/

Does anyone have ideas on why the memory issues occur? Is it possible that some brain cell destroying toxin could be produced during the noopept production process?

Edited by blood, 25 April 2013 - 01:50 PM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#202 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

1) I experienced terrible disruption of my sleep - spent two weeks feeling 'jet lagged' from lack of refreshing sleep.
2) I noticed two types of memory problems. a) the problem of forgetting what I was doing (e.g., take some tea from the cupboard, walk into the next room put down the tea to open the window, go back to the kitchen, wonder why the teapot is on the bench, remember I was making tea, wonder where I put the tea etc). b) being unable to retrieve the full details of some snippet of knowledge, like a tip of tongue phenomenon, e.g., trying to remember how milk interacts with certain polyphenols to reduce their effectiveness - but forgetting where I read about this interaction or what the specific details were.
3) Initially I experimented with "high" doses of up to 40 mg, then gave up on trying to get an acute, "change of state of mind" effect, and started taking just 10 mg each morning with breakfast.
4) I noticed what I believed were some positive effects. Possibly some increased motivation/ drive, possibly some greater social intelligence. But these positive effects were kind of mild - not enough to make the sleep deprivation worth enduring.
5) A week or so after stopping noopept, am still noticing memory issues. Have bumped up my citicoline, gpc doses and am hoping I haven't done permanent harm to myself. :/

Does anyone have ideas on why the memory issues occur? Is it possible that some brain cell destroying toxin could be produced during the noopept production process?

You have not done any harm to yourself, don't worry your memory ability will come back, much of it comes back quickly and the rest of it slowly comes back in a few weeks. Noopept acts partly as a gaba agonist in the hypothalamus - which is pretty important for memory, this means merely whilst you take Noopept your hypothalamus is basically being drunk - hence the alzheimers like side effects.

My cessation of Noopept has yielded a "small amount of" permanent long term benefits I believe.

learning and cognitive ability is definitely impaired on Noopept, though many find the side effects to be negligible and positive effects of motivation and energy to be much more prominent. The actual predisposition to its effects must be down to individuals genetics.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#203 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Is it possible that you were taking too much? For how long did you take the overdose of 40 mg at a time? You did say 10 mg later. I assume you were using a calibrated milligram scale and a lot of care in the measurements. Noopept at this low dose is supposed to help memory - this is its primary medical indication. Considering that you still have the issues a week after stopping it, it seems highly unlikely that it was ever the cause. I guess you can give it two more weeks.

#204 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Is it possible that you were taking too much? For how long did you take the overdose of 40 mg at a time? You did say 10 mg later. I assume you were using a calibrated milligram scale and a lot of care in the measurements. Noopept at this low dose is supposed to help memory - this is its primary medical indication. Considering that you still have the issues a week after stopping it, it seems highly unlikely that it was ever the cause. I guess you can give it two more weeks.

It was definitely the noopept that caused the memory deficits. My memory is "excellent", and I didn't make any changes to my supplement regime over recent weeks other than adding the noopept.

It's possible I was taking too much. The noopept I purchased is in capsules, 10 mg/ capsule.

I might try again, at 5mg/ day, taken in the morning.

There were some mild positive effects that make me curious enough to try at a lower dose.

#205 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

In this case, a relational database would help a lot more than textual notes in a journal. Even then, finding which supplement causes which observed effect is going to be challenging.

Setting up a local wordpress installation is a nice way to do it. just tag the entries with the most important words, and you can later on see those posts by date/tag etc.

It was definitely the noopept that caused the memory deficits. My memory is "excellent", and I didn't make any changes to my supplement regime over recent weeks other than adding the noopept.

It's possible I was taking too much. The noopept I purchased is in capsules, 10 mg/ capsule.

I might try again, at 5mg/ day, taken in the morning.

There were some mild positive effects that make me curious enough to try at a lower dose.

Also consider adding cdp-choline to the mix. I myself had short term memory deficits on noopept, especially on higher doses (greater 10mg per dose), I am right now trying to determine if short term memory gets better too through cdp choline and not only by lowering dosage below 10mg.
BTW, I am currently trying 1g cdpcholine/day. Also, you could try to add alcar, if you are lacking acetylcholine now, it should replenish it quite fast with the cdp choline. This, and reducing my noopept dosage to 10mg/3x a day seems to have stopped those bad side effects (I had the same you had), but I am still experiencing. It is quite possible that your effective dosage is even lower.

Edited by BioFreak, 26 April 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#206 eezeekial

• 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Would Noopept be okay to dissolve in coffee and drink that way?

#207 darksanity

• 47 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

So what's the verdict about the "social effects"? I'm confused since the OP mentions "increased understanding of other people", but also irritability as side-effect... Seems contradictory..?

Edited by darksanity, 18 May 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#208 Juan Fernando

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

West , you said, in your case, some senses were affected at the beginning.
This is my 2nd day taking noopept (from nootropics uk), the first day I took 2 pills at the same time ( 10 mg each pill ), nothing happened, Im not gonna lie...I was expecting something ...anything..
Today 20 mg after breakfast ...and 5 hours later,another 20 mg but this time ...sublingual...and, so far ...nothing.

Is this normal?

Greetings

#209 swierzaq

• 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

dont judge noopept on second day. Try to take it few weeks to try it. You will make your own opinion on noopept

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#210 Juan Fernando

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

dont judge noopept on second day. Try to take it few weeks to try it. You will make your own opinion on noopept

Well I already bought it, 120 pills , 10mg each one...I´ll give it a chance... but is a lit´ bit disappointing. reading about awareness, experiences, close to mystical with music, calm, lucid dreams, and so many things from a lot of people here, even since the very first dose. I tried sublingual, it supossed to dissolve in a few minutes, but it kepts for hours under my tongue...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: long-term, noopept, euphoria, social, nootropic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users