C60 experiments @ home

buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#1591 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

These posts are interesting and completely contrary to my experience.

All I experience from taking about 7 mg a day, every day are good things

Which I think is perhaps 7 times or more what most people on this forum are taking, and might explain your results. Now that I have a 500 ml bottle of olive oil with about 1g/ml C60, I'll try a dose like that too. I have yet to notice anything at all from C60.

So far, the reports of tiredness have come from 2 people taking very large doses (Anthony at 130 mg, xtronic at the rat dose (1.7mg/kg) scaled by 1/6, which would come out to 20 mg for a 70 kg person) and from 3 people taking smaller doses- sunshinefrost at 1.5-3 mg daily, Turnbuckle at various dosages, and me at 1.5-2.5 mg. Turnbuckle notes an association with continuous dosing. At this point, there doesn't seem to be much of a dose dependence to this side effect.

And once again, I have the opposite experience - I'm just weighing in. C60 has improved my overall energy and that hasn't changed since I started taking it several months ago. I really like how 7 mg a day makes me feel. No if's ands or buts.

Are you using the 99.95% or the 99.5%?

I'm using Carbon's product from http://www.carbon60o....com/index.html

#1592 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

They say on their website, "We produce [60]Fullerene olive oil exactly as prepared in the study," which a good thing, because not everyone is. The study claimed "C60 (purity 99.98%) was obtained from SES Research Corporation (USA) and used without further purification.” But SES doesn’t offer that purity on its web page. The best they offer is 99.95+. In any case, perhaps the impurities (the higher fullerenes) are the problem with those using the lower purities while taking it every day. I found a big problem with taking 150 micrograms of higher fullerenes for just a few days, which corresponds to a daily dose of 30 mg of the 99.5% purity, and 300 mg of the 99.95% purity.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 09 December 2012 - 01:15 AM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1593 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

Re: Carbonc60.net, I buy from them, the olive oil tastes fresh with a hint of pepper. The color is a light purple.
Here is Tom's response to my question of which C60 they use.

Hello. Thanks for your order. We use the 99.9+% c60 from SES Research, which we then vacuum oven dry to ensure that it is solvent free. I hope that this answers your question. Please write back if you have any more. Thanks again!

Tom Martin
carbon60oliveoil.com

#1594 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

They say on their website, "We produce [60]Fullerene olive oil exactly as prepared in the study," which a good thing, because not everyone is. The study claimed "C60 (purity 99.98%) was obtained from SES Research Corporation (USA) and used without further purification.” But SES doesn’t offer that purity on its web page. The best they offer is 99.95+. In any case, perhaps the impurities (the higher fullerenes) are the problem with those using the lower purities while taking it every day. I found a big problem with taking 150 micrograms of higher fullerenes for just a few days, which corresponds to a daily dose of 30 mg of the 99.5% purity, and 300 mg of the 99.95% purity.

What problems do you experience with taking 150 mcg's of higher fullerenes?

#1595 Jehyst

• 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

Hi!

I'm new here, and find this website fascinating I got the all clear from my doctor to try the c60, so after a few blood tests, I will join the guinea pigs here and let you know the outcomes. I have hashimotos, Fibromyalgia, leaky gut, and I'm insulin resistant.

I'm also wanting to ask the brains of the group:

Do you think using c60 on a person with arsenic poisoning would be helpful?

Cheers :)

#1596 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

I tried both - the least and most purified versions of C60 from SES and find them identical for practical use - no side effects.
You have so many side and strange effects from C60 - may be you subconscious is resposinble for that ? it worth to try a kind of blind test to distinguish what effects relay on C60 and what are not.

#1597 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

C60 is shown to support liver detoxification so it might be helpfull in that respect.
  • dislike x 1

#1598 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

From looking at the Wikipedia page, SKQ1 has nothing to do with C60.

Well, that link is to plastoquinone, which is the antioxidant part of SkQ1, but SkQ1 also has a charged group that is designed to anchor it in the mitochondrial membrane. The charged group is attached to the plastoquinone by a ten-carbon alkyl linker, which is remarkably similar to the adduct that would result from C60 adding to the double bond in oleic acid- a powerful antioxidant group attached to a charged group by an eight-carbon alkyl linker. I think they have a lot in
common.

Here is a quote from a study published last month on SkQ1. Is it for sale anywhere yet?

". Here we compared effects of SkQ1 and N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC) on age-dependent decline in blood levels of leukocytes, growth hormone (GH), insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), testosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) in Wistar and senescence-accelerated OXYS rats. When started late in life, supplementation with SkQ1 not only prevented age-related decline but also significantly reversed it."

http://impactaging.c...ull/100493.html

#1599 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

I tried both - the least and most purified versions of C60 from SES and find them identical for practical use - no side effects.
You have so many side and strange effects from C60 - may be you subconscious is resposinble for that ? it worth to try a kind of blind test to distinguish what effects relay on C60 and what are not.

The least purified is 30% higher fullerenes. Did you try that one?
  • like x 1

#1600 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

What problems do you experience with taking 150 mcg's of higher fullerenes?

I record the negatives and positives on my profile page. I thought mixed fullerenes were okay until I tried taking them for more than one day--

A C60 extract containing 28% C70 & 2% higher fullerenes at a very low dose level (0.5 mg/day) resulted in steady pains in both calves after a few days, as well as several hours of pulsing pain in the back of my neck. This went away within a day or two of stopping. Thus, for me, C70 is out.

#1601 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

The least purified is 30% higher fullerenes. Did you try that one?

Nope, just 99.5%
I didnt notice 'Fullerene extract' on the bottom of their pricelist. Thanks for clarification

#1602 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

SES sell different purities of Fullerines, i have their catalogue which is just a couple of weeks old,
i think Turnbuckle used cat num 300-6070 fullerine extract,

the others are
600 - 9950 - C60 --- 99.5+ 45 US$ gram
600 - 9969 - C60 --- 99.9+ purified 60 US$ gram
600 - 9980 - C60 --- 99.95+ ultra pure, vacuum oven dried, 115 US$ gram

at the moment i'm just on my last bottle of SV's mixture,which i have been taking for 3 months, and i have a bottle of 9950 brewing in the cupboard, which i will take once the SV mix is finished,

#1603 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

SES sell different purities of Fullerines, i have their catalogue which is just a couple of weeks old,

the others are

at the moment i'm just on my last bottle of SV's mixture,which i have been taking for 3 months, and i have a bottle of 9950 brewing in the cupboard, which i will take once the SV mix is finished,

I've tried most of them over the past seven months and finally settled on the 99.95+. It's more expensive, but considering I'm now using a dose of 1.5 mg a week, it's become the least expensive supplement I take. (I also reduced the concentration to .25 mg/ml and further mix it into a large dollop of oil when I take it, to insure sufficient bile release for absorption.)

#1604 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

I got the all clear from my doctor to try the c60, so after a few blood tests, I will join the guinea pigs here and let you know the outcomes. I have hashimotos, Fibromyalgia, leaky gut, and I'm insulin resistant.

You have a pretty cool doctor! FM is known to involve higher levels of oxidative stress, so it stands to reason that a potent antioxidant like c60-oo might be helpful. Let us know how your symptoms respond.

How much arsenic are we talking about here? Arsenic compounds can attack mitochondrial enzymes resulting in impaired respiration. If the arsenic level is bad enough to do that, c60-oo might be quite helpful. Arsenic compounds can also cause problems with DNA repair, and I wouldn't expect them to help with that. Arsenic toxicity may also involve the creation of various radical species like superoxide anion; c60-oo should be useful with respect to that mechanism.

#1605 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

I've tried most of them over the past seven months and finally settled on the 99.95+. It's more expensive, but considering I'm now using a dose of 1.5 mg a week, it's become the least expensive supplement I take. (I also reduced the concentration to .25 mg/ml and further mix it into a large dollop of oil when I take it, to insure sufficient bile release for absorption.)

At the rate that I'm using c60, a gram will last over two years. At that rate, the difference in cost between 99.5 and 99.95 is about ten cents a day. I like the idea of the diluted mix for better absorption. Alternatively, it could be taken with a high fat meal.

#1606 zen

• 139 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

the others are

One more supplier, http://mtr-ltd.com/PriceList.htm, they also offer C60 99.99%.
  • like x 1

#1607 smithx

• 1,444 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

What's the difference between MTR's 99.95% at $49/g and their sublimed 99.95% at $115/g?

the others are

One more supplier, http://mtr-ltd.com/PriceList.htm, they also offer C60 99.99%.

#1608 Jehyst

• 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

I got the all clear from my doctor to try the c60, so after a few blood tests, I will join the guinea pigs here and let you know the outcomes. I have hashimotos, Fibromyalgia, leaky gut, and I'm insulin resistant.

You have a pretty cool doctor! FM is known to involve higher levels of oxidative stress, so it stands to reason that a potent antioxidant like c60-oo might be helpful. Let us know how your symptoms respond.

How much arsenic are we talking about here? Arsenic compounds can attack mitochondrial enzymes resulting in impaired respiration. If the arsenic level is bad enough to do that, c60-oo might be quite helpful. Arsenic compounds can also cause problems with DNA repair, and I wouldn't expect them to help with that. Arsenic toxicity may also involve the creation of various radical species like superoxide anion; c60-oo should be useful with respect to that mechanism.

Thanks @Andey :)

I do have an awesome Doc, not your typical run of the mill. He knows his patients are very ill, and is open to alternatives that may help.
As far as the arsenic goes, we are talking about attempted murder amounts 15 years ago resulting in osteoarthritis and neuropathy now. From what you have written, it seems it could be quite helpful!

Is there anything else that you think may be helpful with the arsenic?

Thanks for your help :)

#1609 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

What's the difference between MTR's 99.95% at $49/g and their sublimed 99.95% at $115/g?

A typo? It sounded like the sublimed grade was supposed to be 99.99%. As always, when vendors screw up on details like that, it makes me wonder what else they screwed up on.
  • like x 1

#1610 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Hello Everyone.
Someone posted their telomere tests using, I think it was, three different astragalus products, over a period of time so they isolated each result.

One of the astragalus extracts, made by Solgar, increased their NK telomeres something like 40%.

I can't find the PDF they posted with their test results, but I believe it was in this thread.

I'd like to take that test if it can be located.

If you know where that post is or where I can buy that telomere test I'd be most appreciative.

Thank you!

#1611 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Hello Everyone.
Someone posted their telomere tests using, I think it was, three different astragalus products, over a period of time so they isolated each result.

One of the astragalus extracts, made by Solgar, increased their NK telomeres something like 40%.

I can't find the PDF they posted with their test results, but I believe it was in this thread.

I'd like to take that test if it can be located

If you know where that post is or where I can buy that telomere test I'd be most appreciative.

Thank you!

I was thinking of using Spectracell. It's not the gold standard, but it's ' reasonably ' priced.
Any thoughts?
http://www.spectracell.com/

#1612 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Hello Everyone.

I'd like to take that test if it can be located.

Thank you!

http://www.longecity...530#entry485926

#1613 zen

• 139 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

the others are

I understand that one is sublimed and the other one is not, looks a bit confusing to me too.
A different vendor http://nanobeach.com/full.php also has both of them on their product list.

#1614 smithx

• 1,444 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

I understand that one is sublimed and the other one is not, looks a bit confusing to me too.
A different vendor http://nanobeach.com/full.php also has both of them on their product list.

Right. But if the purity is the same, why would one prefer sublimed?

#1615 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Right. But if the purity is the same, why would one prefer sublimed?

I believe it's a more highly purified form with less sulphur and solvents

Quote :
" By using instrumental neutron activation analysis (INAA) it has been shown that commercial C60 products contain considerable amounts of sulfur impurity. This element could be found in all C60 samples of three main producers which, in fact, necessitated to study the capabilities of the INAA sulfur determination in more detail. Although only one sample did contain a surprisingly high sulfur amount of about 8%, even the sublimed C60 sample showed a sulfur content of about 0.02%."

The process might be similar to the following from Carbonc60

Hello. Thanks for your order. We use the 99.9+% c60 from SES Research, which we then vacuum oven dry to ensure that it is solvent free. I hope that this answers your question. Please write back if you have any more. Thanks again!

Tom Martin
carbon60oliveoil.com

#1616 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hello Everyone.

Thank you!

I was thinking of using Spectracell. It's not the gold standard, but it's ' reasonably ' priced.
Any thoughts?

I did the Spectracell test and I feel that it was nonsense. All it told me was that I was 59, which is my chronological age. People guess me as being in my early 40's. See my pictures in my profile. (I just started uploading them.)

Spectracell could have just taken my $295 and told me my telomeres said I was 59, which is my chronological age and who would be the wiser.

As well, Lifelength LOST my blood test and now they are having problems being sure that they found the right test.

The only test that I'm interested in taking now is the one that was seen here that looked a multiple variables. The person who posted it had taken, I believe it was three different astragalus-based telomere-extending products. He took a test after using each one for a reasonable period of time. It gave read-outs on multiple variables and his NK telomeres were something like 40% longer after using the Solgar astragalus extract.

#1617 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hello Everyone.

Thank you!

Any thoughts?

I did the Spectracell test and I feel that it was nonsense. All it told me was that I was 59, which is my chronological age. People guess me as being in my early 40's. See my pictures in my profile. (I just started uploading them.)

Spectracell could have just taken my $295 and told me my telomeres said I was 59, which is my chronological age and who would be the wiser.

As well, Lifelength LOST my blood test and now they are having problems being sure that they found the right test.

The only test that I'm interested in taking now is the one that was seen here that looked a multiple variables. The person who posted it had taken, I believe it was three different astragalus-based telomere-extending products. He took a test after using each one for a reasonable period of time. It gave read-outs on multiple variables and his NK telomeres were something like 40% longer after using the Solgar astragalus extract.

Ah.
I located the test that I am going to take. Greenpower has taken it several times as he investigated different astragalus-derived products for their effects on telomeres.

The test is from REPEAT Diagnostics, phone 604-985-2609, email is info@repeatdiagnostics.com.
It's called "TELOMERE LENGTH MEASUREMENT."

It looks at lymphocytes, granulocytes, Naive T-cells, Memory T-cells, B cells and NK cells.

This is much more information than Spectracell or Lifelength provide.

Hello Everyone.

Thank you!

Any thoughts?

Ah.
I located the test that I am going to take. Greenpower has taken it several times as he investigated different astragalus-derived products for their effects on telomeres.

The test is from REPEAT Diagnostics, phone 604-985-2609, email is info@repeatdiagnostics.com.
It's called "TELOMERE LENGTH MEASUREMENT."

It looks at lymphocytes, granulocytes, Naive T-cells, Memory T-cells, B cells and NK cells.

This is much more information than Spectracell or Lifelength provide.

See the test here - http://www.longecity...serMode=content

It's in Astragalus, Astragaloside IV - 485926

Edited by mikey, 10 December 2012 - 07:12 AM.

• like x 1

#1618 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

And thanks, Turnbuckle!

#1619 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

You feel it was nonsense because it gave your age exactly? Unless they already knew your age, the test sounds pretty accurate.
  • like x 2

#1620 Freebytes

• 71 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Turnbuckle, I think they require you to submit your age on the form.

By the way, I kept wondering why Anthony kept posting 'recipes' with his C60oo. I took mine for the first time yesterday, and whoa... I just realized that I do not like olive oil. I had to put it in bread and eat it. I felt more like a lab rat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users