Nardil (phenelzine) and ADHD drugs

nardil phenelzine modafinil bupropion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

I'm soon going to start a phenelzine trial for atypical depression and as you probably know you have to be careful with food drug interactions when you're on this drug.

I suffer from pretty severe ADHD though and I really need something to help with focus.

I've looked around a bit on the web and anecdotally modafinil should be just fine, which is a great thing as it's the best drug I've tried for ADHD.

Unfortunately modafinil alone doesn't quite cut it, but together with bupropion it helps significantly.

What do you think, would bupropion be too much?? I'd stay with a low dose (150 mg) but bupropion does seem to raise NE quite a lot so it feels a bit risky.. :|o
I read about someone who was on Nardil + 60 mg of dexamphetamine who was having no problems at all but I'm not sure how dex compares to bupropion..

#2 khemix

• 190 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

Nardil is a MAO and inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine and dopamine. Wellbutrin also does this also and this may cause a lot of these neurotransmitters to remain floating around which can result in hypertension or mania. I don't think any sensible doctor will prescribe the two unless doses are carefully checked.

Edited by khemix, 01 August 2012 - 03:30 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nardil, phenelzine, modafinil, bupropion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users