- - - - -

Cannabigerol (CBG) Reduces Anxiety and Improves Memory

cannabigerol cbg anxiety memory

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Galaxyshock

• 1,526 posts

Posted 03 August 2024 - 08:23 AM

A lesser-known cannabinoid possibly effective for treating anxiety while enhancing memory.

Summary:A new study shows that Cannabigerol (CBG) significantly reduces anxiety without the intoxicating effects of THC. The clinical trial found that 20 mg of CBG reduced anxiety and stress in participants, with memory enhancement as an unexpected benefit. The study highlights CBG’s potential as an alternative anxiety treatment. Further research is needed to confirm these findings and explore additional benefits.

Key Facts:

• CBG significantly reduced anxiety and stress in a clinical trial.
  • CBG did not produce the intoxication or cognitive impairments associated with THC.
  • The study found CBG may enhance memory recall.

Source: Washington State University

→ source (external link)

Pharmacological properties:

Cannabigerolhas affinity and activity at CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors in vitro.[3][9] It appears to be unique among cannabinoid compounds by also having high affinity and activity at α2 adrenergic receptors and moderate activity at serotonin 5-HT1A receptors.[3][11]

→ source (external link)

I'm interested in cannabinoidergic anxiolytics. Anyone know where to get this stuff?

#2 adamh

• 1,094 posts

Posted 04 August 2024 - 01:20 AM

Science.bio I have bought from them before

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 zorba990

• 1,604 posts

Posted 04 August 2024 - 04:35 AM

Interesting. I wonder how it compares to Palmitoylethanolamide

#4 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 05 August 2024 - 02:34 AM

Do you take Palmitoylethanolamide? I imagine these cannabinoidergics that aren't really psychoactive like THC have somewhat similar effect to them. Cannabidiol is also nice but very expensive here. FAAH-inhibitors are promising too for anxiety and other things.

Science.bio I have bought from them before

Ok, but it seems they don't ship to EU unfortunately. I'll have to find some other vendor for Cannabigerol.

#5 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 05 August 2024 - 04:40 PM

I want palmitoylethanolamide to work so bad because on paper it looks like it should be just the ticket for several issues that I deal with and have minimal side effects.

I've tried it numerous times for extended periods escalating up to pretty high doses - and I've never felt any effect from it whatsoever. Maybe I got a little placebo early on, but long term I might as well have been taking water. Every few years I'll read a study on it and talk myself into trying it again, but in the end .... nothing.

I think I'm finally done with it. The only positive I can say is that it never caused any adverse reactions. Because from my point of view it did nothing at all.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 gamesguru

• 3,493 posts

Posted 11 September 2024 - 02:09 AM

CBD seems to have similar properties.

Wouldn't rush to call it a world-class cognitive enhancer or productivity aid, but it certainly has some subtle benefits (even perhaps in healthy controls).

Are CB1 receptor antagonists nootropic or cognitive impairing agents? - Varvel - 2009 - Drug Development Research - Wiley Online Library

Cannabidiol (CBD) treatment improves spatial memory in 14-month-old female TAU58/2 transgenic mice - ScienceDirect

Cannabidiol (CBD) improves cognition and decreases anxiety in the SAMP8 mouse model of Alzheimer’s - Farr - 2021 - Alzheimer's & Dementia - Wiley Online Library

Use of cannabidiol (CBD) for the treatment of cognitive impairment in psychiatric and neurological illness: A narrative review.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabigerol, cbg, anxiety, memory

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users