• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

High Mushroom Intake, High Homocysteine?

blood testing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Lustgarten

• 392 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2024 - 07:44 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=3DsHSLhv8zQ

Attached Files

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,240 posts

Posted 22 August 2024 - 11:10 AM

Seems like if mushroom intake was negatively associated with longevity, we would know by now. In contrast, most placebo controlled and observational studies (for decades) show that mushroom intake is significantly correlated with good health.

• Good Point x 1

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Michael Lustgarten

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2024 - 11:34 AM

Seems like if mushroom intake was negatively associated with longevity, we would know by now. In contrast, most placebo controlled and observational studies (for decades) show that mushroom intake is significantly correlated with good health.

I'm not suggesting that mushrooms are bad for health, but is there an upper limit?

Prior to this test, I was averaging 250g/d (most people probably eat 10% of that amount), but cut it to 95g/d, and homocysteine went down, without an impact on other biomarkers, with the exception of Horvath and DNAmTelomere Length, which were my best-ever data.

Is that because of too many mushrooms/d, or something else? There are other factors, too, but less mushrooms (in my case) are a part of that story.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blood testing

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users