Nicotine and schziophrenia

schizoaffective disorder

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mono

• 205 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2024 - 05:26 AM

I have just started to hit the beginning of my recovery phase of schizoaffective disorder.

I started chewing nicotine gum some time ago and I feel it has a stimulus on the pathways of the negative symptoms.

What do people here know about schizophrenia and nicotine?

Does anyone have any other possible suggestions of supplements for my recovery? I am most struggling with the negative symptoms of the disorder.

#2 YoungSchizo

• 857 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 02:01 PM

I smoke 2 packages a day to keep my attention span to things or I vape a whole day with the vape in my hands. You should look into Iclepertin it's a promising drug/nootripic for cognitive enhancement that's in phase III for negative symptoms you should wait for Karxt. In the US it's approval is this month, in Europe 2025.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 205 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2024 - 02:59 AM

I have been finding moderate use of nmda antagonists with meditation is extremely cathartic on my negative symptoms!

#4 gamesguru

• 3,493 posts

Posted 11 September 2024 - 02:27 AM

Nicotine is a promising stimulant if used right. The patches are the best form to take. Vapes, snuff, gum, chewing tobacco, pouches, and combustible materials are substandard.

Like all good things, nicotine probably has adverse effects if overused.

It can permanently harm and alter the developing nervous system; adolescents should avoid it!

#5 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 205 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2024 - 03:44 AM

I smoke 2 packages a day to keep my attention span to things or I vape a whole day with the vape in my hands. You should look into Iclepertin it's a promising drug/nootripic for cognitive enhancement that's in phase III for negative symptoms you should wait for Karxt. In the US it's approval is this month, in Europe 2025.

It's interesting that you found CBD helped to monitor your thought processes. I found a very similar thing with CBD and it feels very much like what NMDA antagonists do for me also.

Be extremely wary though as I completely lost control of myself one night and ended up in being scheduled until I had sobered up! I am quitting the drug use now because of that reason but anyway, just thought I'd share out of interest.

Edited by mono, 13 September 2024 - 03:46 AM.

#6 Sikorsky

• 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 11:07 AM

Here is the answer to your question: 

#7 YoungSchizo

• 857 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 10:23 AM

It's interesting that you found CBD helped to monitor your thought processes. I found a very similar thing with CBD and it feels very much like what NMDA antagonists do for me also.

Be extremely wary though as I completely lost control of myself one night and ended up in being scheduled until I had sobered up! I am quitting the drug use now because of that reason but anyway, just thought I'd share out of interest.

The Dutch once so famous about their weed policy are far behind CBD usage. The US and UK have very potent CBD weed/hashish. Maybe u had CBD with too much THC in it. Last time I bought mine from the UK, at the beginning I don't like the THC effect but when that wears off I find it very helpful and pleasant. Since the UK is out of the EU they don't sell overseas anymore. I can even handle high THC weed nowadays but that eventually leads to trouble so I stay away from that and don't miss it all.

If I lived in the UK or US I would definitely explore the large CBD world.

Where did you buy yours Mono?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#8 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 205 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2024 - 10:33 AM

The best/cheapest cbd I found was by a company called Lazarus Naturals on drganja.com

Here’s a link to the product

http://www.drganja.c...int-1500mg-30ml

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schizoaffective disorder

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users