• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Four Thieves Vinegar Collective: Developing Hardware to make Pharmaceuticals at Home

medicine sovaldi diy biohacking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AlephNull

• 38 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 02:04 PM

This is an absolutely fascinating talk from Dr. MIchael Laufer showcases the tools and information for creating DIY medications.

The guy is super ballsy. He talks about synthesizing Sovaldi, which is an extremely expensive drug that eliminates Hepatitis C, for a cost of about $1/pill.

Here's their website:

https://fourthievesvinegar.org/

Edited by AlephNull, 12 September 2024 - 02:22 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2 timedilation

• 65 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for the link.  More generally, I've long wondered how difficult it would be to synthesize or isolate most of the standard supplements, peptides, etc.  If supply chains ever break down, this type of information will be invaluable.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 AlephNull

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the link.  More generally, I've long wondered how difficult it would be to synthesize or isolate most of the standard supplements, peptides, etc.  If supply chains ever break down, this type of information will be invaluable.

Agree. If you watch the whole video, he breaks down the process for using their Chemhacktica website to generate solutions for medications, as long as you know the scientific name for it. I would imagine it would be easy to expand that database to include some supplements like NAC.

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,245 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:41 PM

This is great, but there would be concerns about having a clean process from end-to-end. Many compounds are created through multistep processes where contamination or production of off-target peptides could occur. Organic chemistry is not simple. Part of the cost of most supplements/drugs it tight quality control.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 AlephNull

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:50 PM

This is great, but there would be concerns about having a clean process from end-to-end. Many compounds are created through multistep processes where contamination or production of off-target peptides could occur. Organic chemistry is not simple. Part of the cost of most supplements/drugs it tight quality control.

Agree, and the presenter in the video addresses this, and basically says that it's not that hard to make a clean product; even showing a slide of spectroscopy results for his homemade Sovaldi vs. the stuff from big pharma.

I think in some instances, he's assuming people have a higher level of baseline understanding than what most would have in reality, but the big things seemed to boil down to using verifiably pure precursors, keeping the machine clean, and following the sort of procedures you'd see in a hospital, e.g. hand washing, gloves, etc.

That said, I do agree that you likely have a point, and the proof will be in whether or not a regular person with no background in this stuff can be trained to an acceptable level.

• Good Point x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: medicine, sovaldi, diy, biohacking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users