Photo
- - - - -

Centralized database of get it done people

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 richardschueler

• 41 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:53 AM

There needs to be a central database of folks who are willing to donate time/expertise/resources towards SENS/mprize/ related precusor progress (stem cells, gene therapy...)

If you're a printer, and you have a printing machine, if someone else is willing to pay for your ink/paper/upkeep per page on yoru equipment, you could easily donate your printing time and forgo the "profit" for a good cause.

If you're a marketer and you are good at writing copy or conceptualizing ideas for normal folks to understand (me) You can volunteer to review copy, and suggest improvements. (I'm willing to do this.)

If you've got connections in the media by which stories with good headlines and merit have a better chance of being seen by the public, because you were made aware of them, people need to know.

Connections in government? I've found that over half of all research money that gets given out is government money, who has connections there?

A database of folks who have power/expertise/time/ability and want to help make progress in a way that helps the most and costs them the least.

I'll be the first one on the list. I have a good server with a gigabit connection, I am decent at conceptializing ideas so people understand them.

All kinds of clubs exist whereby their members are made more powerful by the "understood" and fulfilled desire to benefit fellow members. This db would be similar to a club, maybe someone's' already got one?

If aubrey can field emails personally from his website, I don't think we have too much work load to fear having our info publicly known. If it turns out to be a problem though, we'll have to institute some kind of filtering.

#2 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

I tried to do this back in 2005, although I had resources to do ask only within the transhumanist community. It's written up here. If you give me reason to believe that you are serious about organizing this, I could possibly share the raw data with you. What do you think?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users