• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:54 PM

I have created a forum specific for discussing SENS:

http://z3.invisionfr...dex.php?act=idx

I hope that I see there a lot of Imminst members.

#2 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:50 PM

Hmm, the Methuselah Foundation already has one going here...

#3 Liquidus

• 446 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:37 PM

I have created a forum specific for discussing SENS:

http://z3.invisionfr...dex.php?act=idx

I hope that I see there a lot of Imminst members.

Aside from reinforcing John's statement, I speak from experience when I say that free message boards are the absolute least reliable thing you could do. Firstly, most people avoid free message boards since they tend to crash when more than a couple of users are on there simultaneously, secondly, there is less control from an administration standpoint, which becomes a real problem if spambots or trolls decide they'd like to turn your board upside down. I commend you for your initiative, but speaking from experience, I would rather see people be drawn to this message board, and the MF message boards, than just splitting up people even more so.

On a positive note, if you do want to start up your own message board, I would look into real web hosting. You can generally find hosting for $2-3 a month, and domain names can be relatively cheap ($10 a year). But as I've said, ImmInst and MF both have exceptional message boards.

#4 richardschueler

• 41 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:32 AM

I liked s123's idea of splitting up sub forums on each area of the deadly 7. I just took a look over at the mprize forums, and if you took the number of posts in any forum area and devided by 7, you'd have a number less than 14.

The forum was started about 6 months ago (from looking at old posts), and there's not more than 100 posts in any area. Where is the emoticon for a smiley face crying?

Someone needs to do something legendary to break into the public consciousness.

#5 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:57 AM

s123 your ideas are certainly appreciated, however as John pointed out the Methuselah foundation already has it's own forum. Perhaps you could help with your enthusiasm over there? We might be able to incorporate some of your ideas.

#6 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 06:20 PM

Well... I'd say Beat us first, then we can think of collaborating :-) Like Richard says, it's certainly possible to do so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users