Photo
- - - - -

Red, pin-prick dots on skin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Boondock

• 73 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

So I've had these red dots on my skin for a while. I noticed them over a year ago, and they've since increased in number. They're present primarily on my upper-arms and chest. I would estimate that I have around 80 overall, though I can't be sure. They don't hurt, but they don't go away either.

This is a photo I found online, which basically shows what they look like:

Posted Image

Any idea what these might be? I'm thinking of getting them looked at by the doc, but I'm looking to see if anyone here has any ideas since I'm 99% sure they'll send me off saying I don't need to worry about it (which may well be true, but still I'd like to know why they're there!)

#2 zorba990

• 1,603 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:03 AM

Cherry angiomas

Edited by zorba990, 02 April 2010 - 12:06 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:12 AM

Have had these for years, probably from my teens.. nothing to worry about.

#4 Boondock

• Topic Starter
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

Cherry angiomas

This was my first thought. They seem too small, though, and don't protrude in the slightest. In general they don't look much like what angiomas tend to.

#5 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:45 AM

Cherry angiomas

This was my first thought. They seem too small, though, and don't protrude in the slightest. In general they don't look much like what angiomas tend to.

Do they blanch if you put significant pressure on them, then remove it quickly? It might be hard to even tell as they're so small and could re-fill with blood so quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users