Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam and SSRI (Lexapro)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Temp

• 34 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:58 AM

Can Piracetam and Lexapro (SSRI) aka Escitalopram be taken together?
Will they interfere? Will they enchance the action of the SSRI?
Finally can Piracetam be taken at night before sleep and still gain the nootropic effect?

#2 JLove

• 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:52 AM

I am also very curious about this interaction. I actually have gone ahead and taken the risk and have been on and off with both of these for the past year. From experience, the benefits of escitalopram seem to be consistent, while piracetam taken at the same time seems to have a different effect that it does on it's own (which may just be the nature of piracetam anyways with prolonged use).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

Piracetam before bed tends to give me insomnia.  I've also mixed it with escitalopram quite a few times with no negative interaction.

#4 houstonguy76

• 54 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

I've been researching as much as I can to see if it is safe to take any of the racetams with SSRI's (in my case, Lexapro) but have come up completely empty. My limited understanding is that some, if not all, of the racetams potentially affect serotonin which could compound the effects on serotonin brought about by an SSRI. This could lead to serotonin syndrome or perhaps something worse.

Anyone have any information or know of any studies on the safety of combining any of the racetams w/ SSRIs?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 zarakion

• 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

I've been researching as much as I can to see if it is safe to take any of the racetams with SSRI's (in my case, Lexapro) but have come up completely empty. My limited understanding is that some, if not all, of the racetams potentially affect serotonin which could compound the effects on serotonin brought about by an SSRI. This could lead to serotonin syndrome or perhaps something worse.

Anyone have any information or know of any studies on the safety of combining any of the racetams w/ SSRIs?

I have the same question. Recently started Lexapro but also being taking aniracetam and piracetam for about 3 months. I am considering to continue with piracetam and quit aniracetam. I am doing it on the basis of this info:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11282361

Any one having some experience of combining racetams with SSRI's?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users