Photo
- - - - -

Droopy eye/face skin on just one side of face

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HOTCells

• 59 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

I recently started to notice (about a year ago) that one side of my face is more droopy than the other. When I smile this droopiness torques up near my left eye causing really deep wrinkles and a nasal labial fold on just one side (the left side) of my face. I'm only 33 years old/male and I have spent a ton of time in the sun when I was in my teens and 20s. I have never had botox or anything else done to my face. I use retin-A 0.1% every night for the past 3 years and during the day I use matrixyl 3000 at a 20% concentration along with a 17% vitamin C serum and a thick moisturizer by Mychelle. Anyone know what might be causing this one-sided droopiness . I'm afraid if I don't do something about it soon, the saggyness on one side with cause ptosis at the lower left eye and cause asymmetry of my entire face. I went to a surgeon and he wants to use botox, but I fear this will worsen the problem. I included some pics of me making a exaggerated smile (a symmetric smile, however) to show the difference in wrinkles from each side. The first pic is obviously the problem side of my face. I also included a regular smile pic to show the nasal labial fold on the one side of the face.

Attached Files

Edited by HOTCells, 17 August 2011 - 08:30 PM.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:36 AM

It looks like a mild case of Bell's Palsy, a partial paralysis of one side of the face, thought to be caused by inflammation of the facial nerve. You could talk to a neurologist about it. It usually gets better on its own, but a year is a fairly long course for it. Physical therapy might be helpful. Not sure about botox... I'd start by trying to get a good diagnosis. I've known a couple people who had this.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 rashlan

• 124 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:22 AM

I recently started to notice (about a year ago) that one side of my face is more droopy than the other. When I smile this droopiness torques up near my left eye causing really deep wrinkles and a nasal labial fold on just one side (the left side) of my face. I'm only 33 years old/male and I have spent a ton of time in the sun when I was in my teens and 20s. I have never had botox or anything else done to my face. I use retin-A 0.1% every night for the past 3 years and during the day I use matrixyl 3000 at a 20% concentration along with a 17% vitamin C serum and a thick moisturizer by Mychelle. Anyone know what might be causing this one-sided droopiness . I'm afraid if I don't do something about it soon, the saggyness on one side with cause ptosis at the lower left eye and cause asymmetry of my entire face. I went to a surgeon and he wants to use botox, but I fear this will worsen the problem. I included some pics of me making a exaggerated smile (a symmetric smile, however) to show the difference in wrinkles from each side. The first pic is obviously the problem side of my face. I also included a regular smile pic to show the nasal labial fold on the one side of the face.

Hey sorry to take the thread off topic but where do you order the matrixyl from?

#4 HOTCells

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

It looks like a mild case of Bell's Palsy, a partial paralysis of one side of the face, thought to be caused by inflammation of the facial nerve. You could talk to a neurologist about it. It usually gets better on its own, but a year is a fairly long course for it. Physical therapy might be helpful. Not sure about botox... I'd start by trying to get a good diagnosis. I've known a couple people who had this.

Thanks for the reply. I suspect it might be a mild case of Bell's also. expect.. I feel like I have equal control over the muscles on each side of my face.

#5 HOTCells

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hey sorry to take the thread off topic but where do you order the matrixyl from?

Isomers...

#6 skinfabulosa

• 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

Oh my, that's Bells palsy... Of course, consult your doctor first before you believe the replies to ur post... :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users