LOG- C60-Log

c60 buckyballs fullerene buckyball

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#151 jg42122

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

Well the entire time I was taking c60 I could not get sunburned, and I had the best tan I have ever had.

#152 zorba990

• 1,604 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Well the entire time I was taking c60 I could not get sunburned, and I had the best tan I have ever had.

A tan is supposedly a sign of DNA damage, so I'm not sure that is a good thing. Unless the repair mechanism is somehow enhanced by C60.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Sun_tanning
However, in order to cause true melanogenesis-tanning by means of UV exposure, some direct DNA photodamage must first be produced

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

A tan is supposedly a sign of DNA damage, so I'm not sure that is a good thing. Unless the repair mechanism is somehow enhanced by C60.

I think it's a good thing, in that the alternative was more DNA damage and a lot of cell death as evidenced by peeling. With too much peeling, I'm guessing that you just lose the layer of skin with the tan. As you build a deeper tan, you are developing more and more built-in sunscreen, which is the purpose of melanin.

It looks like C60 is acting to control ROS and is limiting the damage that the UV does, though it doesn't eliminate all of it. I have no idea if it's reducing the likelihood of developing skin cancer, or of developing deep skin damage from UVA that only shows up much later. It will probably take a long time to answer questions like that, but in the meantime, it looks like C60 might be a good adjunct to our existing sun protection tools.

#154 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

It's been a full week now from my 7 hours of extreme sun exposure at high altitude on my formerly white legs and accompanying sunburn. The sunburn was healed and tanned within 3 days and as of a week later, there was no peeling. From prior experience, this is highly unusual. And from the initial unexposed whiteness of my legs and the length and intensity of exposure in the thin atmosphere of 14,000 feet, the fact the initial burn wasn't much more severe is amazing itself.

It's been 72 hours since my sunburned legs from 7 hours exposure at high altitude and my legs hadn't had any sun for almost a year and as such. had been very white...and they were pretty red, sore, and tender for couple days but today, the 3rd day, and they feel normal and it doesn't appear like there should be any peeling...which is highly unusual for me....

Unfortunately, the C60 didn't confer any UV protection for me. I spent 6 hours climbing between 10,000 and 14,000 feet in the Colorado Mtns today. At that altitude, the air is thin and the sun and UV intense. I've spent many similar weekends in the mountains this summer and have a solid tan on arms, neck and face...however, today was the first of the season wearing shorts...and my legs used to be white...now they are burning red. And even my neck which is very tan feels slightly sunburned. I've been averaging 4.5 to 6 mg C60 for 3 weeks now and dosed 6mg this morning before heading out.

Update: In retrospect, even though I did sustain a sunburn on my previously white and unexposed legs yesterday...it's probably amazing that it is not much more severe considering that my legs had no previous sun this year, I used no sun block, and with time on the summit, was actually exposed for a good 7 hours of intense sun at high altitude. I should probably have severe sunburn but it's definitely less than severe...but maybe a little more than mild. We will see if I peel in the next 3 or 4 days.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#155 NMDAstronaut

• 41 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

So You're not taking it anymore? Because it made you stay up all night?

Any other reasons? Was it making you feel crappy? Expense?

Did you notice any changes in speed of information processing/ cognition? Memory, mood, libido, motivation?

Edited by NMDAstronaut, 21 July 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#156 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

I started taking 4 full droppers of SV C60oo per day a couple of weeks ago. About an hour after taking the first dose, I had a terrible headache and felt nauseous and generally very unwell. I started to think that I had done the wrong thing in taking this stuff. Anyway it passed and the next time I took it, I was fine and have been ever since.

I do not normally react to supplements so I was not expecting much. I can say that not much did happen a[art from that first day. I have however noticed that my backpack with my laptop that I carrry evrey day seems significantly lighter. This is strange since I have been carrying this for years. I also feel that walking to work is somehow easier, less tiring. I can only hope that this is a sign that C60oo is working for me.

I am not realy too intrested in the short term effects, mainly I am intrested that this stuff will help me live much longer. My general health is quite good and I have not aged to the point where I would likely have a significant change. I will be keeping an eye out for gray hair reduction and close eye site improvements but other than that, I will jjust have to wait for the results of the varoius experiments. I hope to run my own mouse test sometime next year (too late for the community effort) and will probably try testing some other variables like the effect of different doses.

I have been watching quietly and learning about C60oo as I am sure many others here have been doing.

One thing I have done is buy a couple of grams of 99.9% C60 and some bottles of Coratina olive oil. I tried adding about 0.8grams of C60 to a litre of the Coritina and shaking it. I am disapointed to say that it did not seem to mix at all but rather seems to settle to the bottom of the bottle over time. Being quite a good quality oil, it is quite thick. I have been shaking it a few times a day but it doesn't seem to be improving (it has been about 36 hours since I started it and I have had about 5 good shaking sessions). Am I being too impatient or should I have started to see the mixture start to turn brown/red/purple by now? What are other peoples experience with this low tech method?

#157 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

One thing I have done is buy a couple of grams of 99.9% C60 and some bottles of Coratina olive oil. I tried adding about 0.8grams of C60 to a litre of the Coritina and shaking it. I am disapointed to say that it did not seem to mix at all but rather seems to settle to the bottom of the bottle over time. Being quite a good quality oil, it is quite thick. I have been shaking it a few times a day but it doesn't seem to be improving (it has been about 36 hours since I started it and I have had about 5 good shaking sessions). Am I being too impatient or should I have started to see the mixture start to turn brown/red/purple by now? What are other peoples experience with this low tech method?

It takes a lot longer- other people using the low tech method waited about a month. As the adduct forms, a deep red color should develop. If the olive oil is green, it might look more brown. I just received my gram of C60 the other day, and am about to start the same low tech method.

#158 sapentia

• 94 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

It takes a lot longer- other people using the low tech method waited about a month. As the adduct forms, a deep red color should develop. If the olive oil is green, it might look more brown. I just received my gram of C60 the other day, and am about to start the same low tech method.

I just finished my low tech method last week so I can share my experience. I added precisely 500mg of 99.95% C60 into 500mL of EVOO in a clear glass bottle; I used the clear bottle in order to better observe changes in the solution. My method was simple to "shake" the bottle several times a day as was convenient, but I would estimate in between 10-20 times per day as the C60 tends to settle out within a fairly short timeframe. After 1 day the solution took on a whiskey color. Over the next two days that whiskey color deepened and began to take on a purplish hue. By day 5 the solution was the characteristic red-purple that others have posted images of and was the color of Carbon60s solution that I first bought. I continued to shake for a couple more days at which point I felt satisfied that the solution was more or less saturated; I intentionally added more C60 than would dissolve so there is a small amount of C60 that remains settled out on the bottom. I didn't filter the mixture or centrifuge it but simply allowed the C60 sediment to remain settled out while pouring my "dose" off the top of the bottle which is approximately 9-10" tall.

I would surmise PWAIN that the more frequently the intial mixture is shaken within reason the quicker it will go into solution. I didn't time how long the C60 takes to settle out, but I would guess it all settles out within 15-30 minutes. I took picture at 1 day increments initially with the idea of posting them, but decided it probably wasn't that useful in the end. Hope that helps.

#159 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

From what sources are all of you acquiring your C60? Does anyone have opinions about the optimal C60/OO concentration?

#160 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

From what sources are all of you acquiring your C60? Does anyone have opinions about the optimal C60/OO concentration?

I think most people in the US are getting it from SES Research. That's where Baati got it, which suggests they ship all over.

I think that concentration is not important. What matters is the amount of C60-oo adduct you consume relative to your body weight.

As a secondary thing, we have good evidence that olive oil is good for you, and the take-home message from the paper that looked at the Spanish cohort of the EPIC study was that the more olive oil you eat, the better. If C60-oo is your only source of olive oil, it would be better to have a low C60 concentration so you could consume a lot of oil. Realistically, I think it makes more sense to treat C60-oo more like a medicine, and use regular olive oil for food. If you make your own C60-oo, though, it would be pretty easy to set it up so that you were using it on food and still getting the dose of C60 you want.

#161 Methos000

• 144 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I've been reading everything I can about c60 and olive oil since the topic first started and to be honest, apart from it seeming too good to be true, my only concern is that the FDA will ban it and take action to prevent you from being able to make your own.

If you already own a 50-year supply of c60, that would be difficult for them to pull off.

Edited by Methos000, 07 February 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#162 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Was out in the Everglades on a fan-boat for an hour the other day and tested my c60 resistance to sunburning with no sunscreen on. I did in fact get a bit of a burn on my temples. My temples were a little bit sore to the touch that night and most of the next day when I started applying sunscreen . Rest of my face and arms had allot of red color but no soreness or burning feeling. Been using spf 30 sunscreen the last few days on the beach in Naples and Marco, FL and it's matured into a nice tan all over. No more soreness and no peeling has developed. So you can definitely get burnt, even if taking c60, but I'm guessing its much less than it otherwise would have been. I usually do normally have a tendency to burn my first few days in the sun until my Italian skin acclimates. It was my first time out in bright hot sun since before I started taking c60 last year.

Howard

#163 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Speaking from experience, the sun in SW Florida is brutal ...even in the winter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, buckyballs, fullerene, buckyball

27 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users