Photo
- - - - -

I need to get TALLER.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guinevere

• 39 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

I'm a seventeen year old girl who wants to get taller. I'm about 5''4 and it would be great if I could grow another two inches. Would drinking milk or exercise help a lot, or is my situation pretty much hopeless?
  • dislike x 1

#2 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

I have heard that these used to work....

Posted Image

Edited by mikeinnaples, 25 June 2012 - 06:21 PM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#3 churchill

• 286 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

You might have missed the boat already as you are 17 but have you looked into human growth hormone.
  • dislike x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Well, there's always high heels. When guys try the "elevator shoes" thing, it doesn't really fly, but when women wear heels it's a turbocharger for hotness. 5'4 isn't bad- there's a lot of women who'd love to be 5'4. Not to mention a zillion guys who would consider that just fine...

#5 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

I grew tallest of all my brothers by drinking milk during my growth spurt. I would consume a gallon in 2-3 days. It used to piss my mom off! I wish protein powders were as available then and they are now. I'd be adding scoop after scoop! You could also look into ways of increasing growth hormone output. There's one method that seems to be popular. It uses a combination of Melatonin, Excersise, Niacin and Sleep. It's called the M.E.N.S. ROUTINE.

Lastly, make sure you get enough magnesium and zinc. Some argue that insufficient zinc is why some female gymnasts don't grow very tall.
  • like x 1

#6 Galaxyshock

• 1,526 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

I grew tallest of all my brothers by drinking milk during my growth spurt. I would consume a gallon in 2-3 days.

What makes you think the milk had anything to do with it? It's just genetics. The shit we do matters so little compared to what direction our genetics push us.

#7 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:38 AM

Sometimes males continue to grow taller until the age of twenty-five. An occasional female your age will grow taller. There is a slight possibility that you might reach your goal or half-way.

Take the best possible care of yourself. Avoid caffeine, soda, junk food, drugs, & alcohol. Limit sugar. Don't use tobacco or "energy drinks." Get plenty of sleep. Eat good food, especially steamed greens. Don't skip meals. Do all the good stuff, take vitamins. In Chinese medicine, cold food and drinks are bad for you. Drink room temperature water instead of ice water, let fruit come to room temperature.

Exercise, but not excessively.

Here's a link to a thread I wrote about Chinese Medicine so you could learn more about proper diet/lifestyle from their perspective if that interests you.

http://www.longecity...inese-medicine/

Should you drink milk? The milk we have now is pasteurized, homogenized, has hormones and antibiotics in it and may be weeks old. So it wasn't what it would have been a hundred years ago. Some people can't digest regular milk that well. Raw milk is much better but occasionally, someone gets sick from germs in raw milk. Occasionally, that can be serious. I would rather see you eat Brown Cow or Stoneyfield plain whole milk yogurt. They are natural and are healthy. Fermenting the milk makes it more digestible. You can only eat so much of that though. Consider other calcium containing foods like almonds.

Other supplements, MSM plain powder dissolved in water on an empty stomach with vitamin C on the side. Source Naturals or Jarrow are good brands.
Source Naturals Vitamin D3. Vitamin K. Those build bones. Take them with a meal containing fat or oil.

Taking some kind of fresh juice made of green vegetables regularly would help. Including dark leafy greens would be best. Parsley is one choice. Take it at room temperature. Taking something that contains healthy fats or oil along with it, like nuts, avocado's or cheese would help your body use the vitamins. Otherwise it might not retain them as well.

You're a lovely girl and you are normal height. I understand that you want to be taller, and I hope you make it. I just hope you realize that being young, healthy and cute is a gift and I hope you accept yourself and enjoy your life.

Edited by Luminosity, 27 June 2012 - 02:25 AM.

• like x 1

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

I grew tallest of all my brothers by drinking milk during my growth spurt. I would consume a gallon in 2-3 days.

What makes you think the milk had anything to do with it? It's just genetics. The shit we do matters so little compared to what direction our genetics push us.

How do you explain the fact that average heights have increased about six inches over a handful of centuries? Our genetics didn't change significantly in that time span, but our protein consumption did.
  • like x 1

#9 Guinevere

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Sometimes males continue to grow taller until the age of twenty-five. An occasional female your age will grow taller. There is a slight possibility that you might reach your goal or half-way.

Take the best possible care of yourself. Avoid caffeine, soda, junk food, drugs, & alcohol. Limit sugar. Don't use tobacco or "energy drinks." Get plenty of sleep. Eat good food, especially steamed greens. Don't skip meals. Do all the good stuff, take vitamins. In Chinese medicine, cold food and drinks are bad for you. Drink room temperature water instead of ice water, let fruit come to room temperature.

Exercise, but not excessively.

Here's a link to a thread I wrote about Chinese Medicine so you could learn more about proper diet/lifestyle from their perspective if that interests you.

http://www.longecity...inese-medicine/

Should you drink milk? The milk we have now is pasteurized, homogenized, has hormones and antibiotics in it and may be weeks old. So it wasn't what it would have been a hundred years ago. Some people can't digest regular milk that well. Raw milk is much better but occasionally, someone gets sick from germs in raw milk. Occasionally, that can be serious. I would rather see you eat Brown Cow or Stoneyfield plain whole milk yogurt. They are natural and are healthy. Fermenting the milk makes it more digestible. You can only eat so much of that though. Consider other calcium containing foods like almonds.

Other supplements, MSM plain powder dissolved in water on an empty stomach with vitamin C on the side. Source Naturals or Jarrow are good brands.
Source Naturals Vitamin D3. Vitamin K. Those build bones. Take them with a meal containing fat or oil.

Taking some kind of fresh juice made of green vegetables regularly would help. Including dark leafy greens would be best. Parsley is one choice. Take it at room temperature. Taking something that contains healthy fats or oil along with it, like nuts, avocado's or cheese would help your body use the vitamins. Otherwise it might not retain them as well.

You're a lovely girl and you are normal height. I understand that you want to be taller, and I hope you make it. I just hope you realize that being young, healthy and cute is a gift and I hope you accept yourself and enjoy your life.

Thank you! That was really helpful.

#10 Galaxyshock

• 1,526 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

How do you explain the fact that average heights have increased about six inches over a handful of centuries? Our genetics didn't change significantly in that time span, but our protein consumption did.

Obviously malnutrition prevents people reaching their maximum height. When we talk about handful of centuries there was still slavery and shit going on. I'm talking about modern man who is not deficient in anything drinking milk and thinking that's somehow making him grow taller. When something positive happens to people they always want to think it's something good they did.

#11 TheFountain

• 5,363 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

Did I miss the memo that 5'4 was suddenly too short for an average female?

#12 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

i'm sorry but at 17 years old you have very low chance of growing taller let's alone 2 inches..

#13 Keshan

• 60 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

You can always try the Silva type mind control, just read the book and try it, don't go to a 3-4 day course, it does not worth the money.

#14 orion602

• 83 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

imo heterosis efect of mixing more distant populations during last 1-2-3 centuries has something to do with this as well.
For example In Europe during feudalism there were restrictions of movements of people and in central and eastern europe it lasted until 19th century.
I tend to disagree that genetics of human population didn't change much. some 200 years ago in rural Europe vast majority of marriages were between people growing up in 20 km radius or even less (my guess:)... Many times it was difficult to marry someone even from different village. And compare that with increasingly globalizing world today.

but of course, even good genetic background wouldn't help much if someone was malnourished and had to work hard 14 hours a day from age of 8..

Edited by orion602, 27 August 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#15 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2023 - 09:55 PM

megadose on protein, calcium and growth hormones 

and do activites like climbing helps stretch you out

also you need to take nootropics so your brain (you) can accustome to your new body incase you have parkinsons etc

Edited by kurdishfella, 30 January 2023 - 09:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users