psychoactive spices

spices

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Im also gonna focus on spices more, feel like with tea's this mends the gap between diet and meds/sups.

http://www.aana.com/...11_p109-114.pdf
A nutmeg component is a powerfull anxiolytic, i know i know its horrible shit in recreational doses but from reading seems that its allright in low doses.

Will look what else is there.

Coriander, like many spices, contains antioxidants, which can delay or prevent the spoilage of food seasoned with this spice. A study found both the leaves and seed to contain antioxidants, but the leaves were found to have a stronger effect.[18]
Chemicals derived from coriander leaves were found to have antibacterial activity against Salmonella choleraesuis, and this activity was found to be caused in part by these chemicals acting as nonionic surfactants.[19]

Coriander has been used as a folk medicine for the relief of anxiety and insomnia in Iran. Experiments in mice support its use as ananxiolytic.[20] Coriander seeds are used in traditional Indian medicine as a diuretic by boiling equal amounts of coriander seeds and cumin seeds, then cooling and consuming the resulting liquid.[21] In holistic and traditional medicine, it is used as a carminative and as a digestive aid.[22][23]

Coriander has been documented as a traditional treatment for type 2 diabetes. A study on mice found coriander extract had both insulin-releasing and insulin-like activity.[24]

Coriander seeds were found in a study on rats to have a significant hypolipidaemic effect, resulting in lowering of levels of total cholesterol and triglycerides, and increasing levels ofhigh-density lipoprotein. This effect appeared to be caused by increasing synthesis of bile by the liver and increasing the breakdown of cholesterol into other compounds.[25]

Coriander leaf was found to prevent deposition of lead in mice, due to a presumptive chelation of lead by substances in the plant. [26]

Coriander can produce an allergic reaction in some people.[27][28][29]

Sassafras was a mild stimulant i beleive.

Edited by medievil, 09 March 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#2 Galaxyshock

• 1,526 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Cayenne pepper is a nice stimulant it releases adrenaline which followed by endorphins. It is also used to deplete substance P and thus lower pain thresold.

Edited by Galaxyshock, 09 March 2013 - 08:34 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

I love pepper or really spicy things, good tip.

#4 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Holy Basil, ( http://en.wikipedia....mum_tenuiflorum ), is an anxiolytic. It is also used in one of the most commonly eaten Thai dishes, phad kaphrao.

Pretty much all of the Zingiberacae (ginger family) plants have at least some medicinal effect: ginger, galangal, turmeric, white turmeric ( http://en.wikipedia..../White_turmeric ), chinese key ( http://en.wikipedia....nbergia_rotunda ), black chinese key ( Kaempferia parviflora (KP) ) ...

In fact, black chinese key is used as an energy booster by Thai boxers. You can grow it yourself here, or buy it as a tea. Unlike the others, it isn't very tasty. But regular chinese key (sometimes called fingerroot since the root looks a bit like a hand with fingers on) is one of my favourites. I always ask the cooks to add extra when they prepare my phad phrik kaeng.

The beautiful torch ginger flower ( http://en.wikipedia....ki/Torch_ginger ) is not in common use in cooking, but it contains anti-cancer compounds. Some Thai doctors use it when making salads.

Edited by Godof Smallthings, 09 March 2013 - 10:49 AM.

• like x 1

#5 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Im mostly interested in the psychoactive one's, got my healt covered with my sups, and its fun to try see how it smooths togheter with my other shit, some good energizing/anxiolytic one's mostly interested in, not sedatives.

Lavender apperantly has some promosing research behind it with regards to antidepressave and anxiolytic effects.

Ive read ppl say mass saffrole dose is like mdma light, must try that someday haha.

#6 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Gonna find something to throw cinnamon on, quite hungry too, apperantly works well for ms and is anxiolytic and antidepressive, ill megadose to make it extra spicy.

#7 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Damn its like eating wood

#8 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Got shitload ground black pepper, curcuma (no money for curcumin supplement so got the cheap spice should work with piperine), calamus and saffrole, took a teaspoon of everything with several teaspoons of butter, didnt mix well so added milk wich turned into a sticky paste, i did eat it like that wich was quite discusting but im sure it tastes good on pizza's but didnt have any to throw in the microwave.

Also still going strong on my tea's, there's something thats treshold psychedelic, dunno what it is, its like something is wrong, like things arent solid but wobbly in a way you cant say it, i really was confused what it was but its exactly that of a treshold psycedelic effect like very minimal. Its a bit anoying as its like my chair is binding a little bit and my screen slightly bends and im a bit floaty, i prefer everything to be where it is and not bend and fold around even if its so minimal you cant notice it, you just see something is messing around with inducing quantum mechanics in the living room.
  • dislike x 3
  • Agree x 1

#9 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Damn that fucked me up severe diarehaa and feel ill all into next day heavy shit haha
  • dislike x 2
  • Agree x 1

#10 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Im capping lavender, curcumin, rosemary, with a pinch of saffrole with black pepper now, well see what it does. Lavender works as well as benzos for gad, rosemary should be anxiolytic and pde inhibitor. just confused what doses to take with black pepper

#11 Endymion

• 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Medievil, have you noticed specific anxiolytic effects from any of these compounds? Nutmeg or lavender, for instance?
At what doses does lavender work as well as benzos?

#12 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Calamus allegedly has hallucinogenic effects, so perhaps combining it with piperine and an MAOI wasn't the brightest of ideas =P

#13 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

High Dose Lions mane makes me extremely tired. Almost as if I was drunk,but not realy.

#14 Bron

• 103 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Cayenne pepper is a nice stimulant it releases adrenaline which followed by endorphins. It is also used to deplete substance P and thus lower pain thresold.

Semantics but, wouldn't that be raising your pain threshold?

As an anecdote, I have an incredibly high threshold for pain, could be because of the amount of capsaicin I ingest through my diet. No cayenne pepper for me. I need Trinidad scorpion and Jolokia Bhut ghost peppers.

Dumping large amounts of cayenne in my curries doesn't even give me a tingle.

#15 totalrecomp

• 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

A heads up to males, lavender is very estrogenic.
  • like x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#16 freeman

• 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Calamus has TMA in it, which isn't exactly the most desirable of the amphetamines.

Also safrole may well be a carcinogen, I sure wouldn't try to consume more of than is normal in the culinary uses of the spices containing it.

#17 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp coffee, 1 tsp cocoa with tongkat ali and honey, all throwed and mixed with 2tsp of clarified butter poured boiling water made my day :) Thinking of replacing coffee with tea or something milder..

but the cinnamon definitelly make a difference to whole combo, I dose overall about 3tsp/day mostly in coffee and mood effect seems amazing (I believe hot water is essential here too)

#18 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp coffee, 1 tsp cocoa with tongkat ali and honey, all thowed and mxed with 2tsp of clarified butter poured boiling water made my day :) Thinking of replacing coffee with tea or something milder..

but the cinnamon definitelly make a difference to whole combo, I dose overall about 3tsp/day mostly in coffee and mood effect seems amazing (I believe hot water is essential here too)

Great recipe! Roobios tea+white tea would be an excellent substitute for the coffee and taste good with the cinnamon and cocoa. Rooibos is a very interesting nootropic when brewed super strong . I read a post by someone who did a high dose cinnamon experiment with strong nootropic effect. But I think most people wouldn't do well on high dose cinnamon. The teaspoon in your recipe is probably just the right amount.

#19 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Im really suprised that adding damn cheap spices can really make a difference, the ones i take a teaspoon daily off with black pepper are curcuma, lavender, rosemary and a pinch of safrole wich works as good as prozac as antidepressant.

Is basil they sell in supermarkets actually holy basil?
  • dislike x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp coffee, 1 tsp cocoa with tongkat ali and honey, all thowed and mxed with 2tsp of clarified butter poured boiling water made my day :) Thinking of replacing coffee with tea or something milder..

Great recipe! Roobios tea+white tea would be an excellent substitute for the coffee and taste good with the cinnamon and cocoa. Rooibos is a very interesting nootropic when brewed super strong . I read a post by someone who did a high dose cinnamon experiment with strong nootropic effect. But I think most people wouldn't do well on high dose cinnamon. The teaspoon in your recipe is probably just the right amount.

Thanks, and yes, I remember reading about cinnamon experiment too, the guy took 3-4 tsp in the morning if I remember correctly claiming fantastic nootropic benefits. Unfortunatelly that thread wasnt somewhat ended.

"Specifically, cinnamon, administered retronasally and orthonasally, improved participants' scores on tasks related to attentional processes, virtual recognition memory, working memory, and visual-motor response speed."
http://www.psichi.or.../allbac_04.aspx

Anecdotal:
"There is only preliminary scientific research into the potent cognition effects of the coumarin that is in the Cinnamon, I outline it in the scribd document in the previous post."

"Yesterday I did this (Cinnamon Cognition Kick) the effect was astounding - I also noted a bit of GABA release (uninhibited). GABA is Gamma-aminobutryic acid which is released in larger dosages when you consume alcohol, extasy, or other stimulants."

"I'd have to agree, Cinnamon and Cayenne Pepper go well together. Makes for a very powerful aphrodisiac as well."

To my subjective experience Black Pepper Oil caused some cognitive changes as well, in dosages just of 1tsp twice daily.
Curcuma looks promising too, especially CNB-001 extract.

"[Curcumin] is not well absorbed in the body, fails to reach its target in high concentrations, becomes depleted quickly, and is blocked from entering the brain by a natural protective mechanism called the blood-brain barrier."

The curcumin-derived compound CNB-001, however, does cross the blood brain barrier and "moderates several critical mechanisms involved in neuronal survival," according to lead researcher Dr. Lapchak, PhD.

Remember reading back that pepper (bioperine) is able to raise curcumin bioavailability. So we should ultimately combine something like 4C: Cayenne pepper (or bioperine), Cinnamon, Curcumin and caffeine (cocoa) to get some serious results?..

Or make a crowdfunding for custom synth of CNB-001 :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spices

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users